Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pominvilles go-ahead goal in 3rd lifts B
sherry2018love
Junior

post.gif posted on 16-1-2018 at 01:28 AM
Pominvilles go-ahead goal in 3rd lifts B

PHILADELPHIA - The Flyers are losing games and their grip on the Eastern Conference lead.The Kyle Rudolph Jersey Sabres are the latest team outside the playoff picture to thrust themselves into contention for the final spot in the East by outplaying the slumping Flyers.Jason Pominville snapped a tie game in the third period after the Sabres scored three times in the second in a 5-3 victory over Philadelphia on Saturday.Drew Stafford, Tyler Ennis and Andrej Sekera scored three straight goals in the second to put the Sabres ahead. Ryan Miller bounced back from a shaky first period to stop 33 shots. Nathan Gerbe added an empty-netter late in the third."I'm playing guys that are going the best, we are trying to win hockey games, and that's what I'm going to keep trying to do," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said.The Eastern Conference-leading Flyers Joe Berger Jersey have lost three straight games for the first time since Nov. 26-Dec. 1. Their last two lo ses have come against Toronto and the Sabres, two teams nipping at Carolina and the Rangers for a spot in the post-season.The Flyers, who have cruised atop the East for most of the Alex Boone Jersey season, haven't been able to match the desperation of the teams fighting for a playoff berth."I think the last 40 minutes we pushed harder than the Flyers and we got to more pucks," Ruff said.Thomas Vanek set up the winner when he fed a perfect line drive pa s to a streaking Pominville, who tapped the puck behind goalie Sergei Bobrovsky Datone Jones Jersey 6:37 into the third for a 4-3 lead."I tried to feed him in the middle and we executed well," Vanek said. "Every game is big for us, Philly has lost the last few games, so we expected them to come out hard which they did, but we came through."

Go To Top